The on site services team is an integral part of the GBE Converge business. The aim is to deliver excellent on site IT services to GBE Converge customers.
Other services will include, providing remote and workshop IT support.
Duties and Responsibilities
This team completes on site requests and installation projects scheduled by the Technology Operations Manager or a Project manager.
• Create and maintain policies and procedures for the team
• Ensure all IT service requests are completed to an excellent standard
• Maintain accuracy of the internal knowledgebase
• Deliver excellent customer service at all times
• Inform the Sales Division of IT opportunities
• Ensure incident information is accurate and complete
• Ensure time recording is accurate and complete
• Ensure paperwork related to project delivery is completed accurately and within a reasonable timeframe
• Coach and mentor other team members
• Provide customer training when required
• Liaise with the Service Desk on customer incidents
• Be responsible and proactive for personal development and training
KPIs and Measures
As part of the company’s compliance to The Health & Safety at Work Etc Act 1974, ISO9001 for Quality and ISO14001 for Environmental, there are several key objectives that are issued each year upon management review that we expect all staff to work towards in order for the company to meet these objectives and include but are not limited to:
The typical working environment will be office locations either at GBE Converge office or customer offices. However, there will be times when you will be expected to work at building sites, dock yards, retail shops, outdoor sites and care facilities.
The role requires that they will be available to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays on request. Engineers are expected to be available for an on-call rota to support customers with out of hours’ support contracts as defined by the Technical Operations Manager.
The job requires that the engineer is able to lift and move typical IT equipment (PC’s and Laptops) from floor to desk regularly. Long periods of working in front of a VDU with regular breaks is common. Occasionally you may be required to travel long journeys to complete customer support, installation or project tasks.